Trusting in him

The every day life of a young woman living for Jesus Christ facing new challenges , learning how to depend on God , waiting to marry her soon to be youth husband, work and growing spiritually

Friday, October 7, 2011

MY YOKE IS EASY AND MY BURDEN IS LIGHT


"MY YOKE IS EASY AND MY BURDEN LIGHT" , I read this verse and I thought to myself Jesus if it is so light why am i facing all these problems , why is it so difficult , why am i feeling like I just cant go on ... am i a transgressor because PROVERBS 13:15  says " but the way of transgressors is hard" , but transgressors do not know Christ so that can't be it .

I did some reading and i realize this walk was so hard for numerous reasons . Firstly I made it hard , I made it hard when i refuse to surrender my all to God . There are times when i try to deal with everything on my own , where i try to rise above situations and circumstances without even consulting and giving all to my Heavenly Father and then you know what I fail miserably because my flesh can only do so much and there i am fighting when i am quenching my spirit man .

In 2 Corinthians chapter 4 verses 8 - 10 it says "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, [so] that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body....". 
And then i realize i was being distressed, i was in despair, i was forsaking myself, i felt like i was being destroyed and that was because I did not surrender all to my God , i do not lay down my life so that God can  manifest His through me, no wonder i feel as though i am being consumed and then i ask God please help me i don't know what to do when the first thing I should do is "SURRENDER"   . And this is a harsh reality . 

Secondly the lack of self discipline is one of the causes to this walk being so hard and the meaning of self discipline is this "the training and controlling of ones self for personal improvement ". When situations arise and we decide not to die to self and do as Christ does it actually shows that we are not disciplined enough , so many times I am faced with a decision and do you know I choose my flesh and go on feelings , but this Spirit walk is not based on feelings but its based on the Word of God . I know sometimes it seems so easy to ride that wave of emotion and after we act outside the will of God and we choose emotions over truth , it results in shame and despair and regret.. Ahhhh I know about that but I have decided to ask the Lord to fill me with the  discipline to die to self and pick up my cross and count the cost . 

Thirdly FAITH  is a next reason so many of us lack faith or when we start off hot and sweaty with faith and then that suddenly dies and we become melancholy, desperate you name it . But faith is the substance of things hoped for , the evidence of things not seen. And if we cant have faith in what Gods word says means we are not having faith in God and we are calling him a liar . We cannot see the Lord but we have faith that he is who he says he is and we believe in his word . So we are actually making the Lord seem small when our faith fails. We are his children and we need to push past everything in our lives and hold on to the Lord knowing that he knows best and he will take care of us and bring us through , because we are precious to him . I mean he says in Matthew chapter 6 verses 26 "Behold the fowls of the air , for they sow not , neither so they reap , nor gather into barns , yet your Heavenly Father feedeth them . Are ye not much better than they?". Also look at verse 30 30 “If that is how God clothes the grass of the fields, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you , O you of little faith?”. So the Lord wants to know that we are walking in faith also one more stunning thing to me is that the Lord blessed Abraham for his faith J but that’s a next talk. Ah Lord makes me who you want me to be J

So no matter what is going on in our lives, how bad it may seem, the Lord has given us the firm authority to lay down our lives so that he can be made manifest in and through our lives, and this is where the kind of faith we have will play its part, faith to allow Jesus to carry our burdens and make our yokes light by trusting in him forever more. Thank you Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash